Monday, March 26, 2012

Prompt Week Nine: A list of things about me

1)      I am named after a television character. My mother was inspired to name me after Samantha from Bewitched because my birthday is the day before Halloween.

2)      I love eggplant.

3)      I killed every fish I ever had.

4)      I am terrible with money, in large part due to my shopping addiction.

5)      I never listen to my voicemail.

6)      I love watching trashy t.v. The best show going right now is Big Rich Texas on the Style Network.

7)      I never remember my dreams unless they scare me.

8)      I have horrible allergies but an aversion to taking medication which makes me miserable for a large part of the spring, summer, and fall.

9)      I hate clutter.

10)   Lilies are my favorite flower.

11)   I was raised Catholic; we only went to church on Christmas Eve and Easter but my Nana always made me give up something for Lent anyways.

12)   I want to own a hedgehog.

13)   I refuse to buy a kindle because I think there’s something special about physically having a book in your hands.

14)   I haven’t travelled very much and my list of places to go is long.

15)   I love to clean.

16)   I am very forgetful and lose things all the time.

17)   I am most comfortable in a dress and boots.

18)   People find it easy to talk to me and say I am a good listener.

19)   My dream job is to be a feature writer for at a food magazine but I’d settle for any job that paid me to write.

20)   I would never want to be a journalist on the news even though I’d make more money doing it.

21)   I used to be a psychology major and wanted to work with children who had been abused. My inspiration was a little girl I used to babysit who struggled mentally due to the neglect she experienced as an infant.

22)   I really enjoy writing research papers.

23)   My favorite nail polish color is black.

24)   I have died my hair four different colors: blonde, black, red, and brown. After ten years of dying it, it has finally grown out to its natural color and I love it.

25)   I am still friends with my best friends from high school and even after months of being too busy to speak, every time we do it’s like no time has passed.

26)   The night is the best time of day.

27)   I bought mice after I learned about operant conditioning in psychology. I was going to do experiments with them until I came home one day to find the black mouse had eaten its friend; when I replaced the dead mouse with two more, the little carnivore at them too.

28)   I can’t fly without having a drink first.

29)   I have never gotten into a fight and avoid controversy at all costs; usually I'm the peacemaker but playing this part doesn't always make me happy.

30)   I am late to everything even though I try so hard to be on time.

31)   The only place I will swim is in a pool.


1 comment:

  1. 22: sick!

    13 & 14: first time you take a long trip with a small bag, you will learn to love your Kindle--it weighs so much less than the 1500 or so books you can squeeze onto it but not into your bag!

    27: I have a puppy right now and am getting such great results from clicker training. He hasn't eaten any of the other five dogs yet, though he is awful mouthy.

    31: that's the only place I won't swim!

    ReplyDelete