Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Prompt Week Four: If My Shoes Could Talk

There is a pair of orange heels perched on a shelf in my closet, collecting dust. Beautiful shoes. Look-at-me shoes. They’re fun, flirty, and uncomfortable. Every time I swing the closet door open and reach for my brown, faux leather boots with a short, functional heel, the orange shoes scream “Wear me! Wear me! I never get to go out and have any fun….I was made to party and all I ever do is hide inside of this dark, crowded closet!! You think those old boots are so special but if you really want to know, they don't make your legs look nearly as good as I do. Girl, when you wear me, your legs are long and lean, you're tall...soooo much better than the boots! You might want to re-think your priorities....comfort phffft!”

3 comments:

  1. They must have talked loudly enough in the store....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many pairs of shoes I have talk loudly in the store...and sit in my closet forever. They're like pieces of art, pretty to look at!

      Delete
  2. Sort of like sculptural art it is possible (theoretically) to wear.

    ReplyDelete