Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Journal: Day Eight

Final day of journaling. Not gonna lie, I'm not sad for this assignment to end, though it did get me in the habit of writing daily. I also feel I am more aware of what is going on in my life because of this exercise.

Got an email about my financial aid and it's nice to know I'll get my check faster this semester than I did last. It couldn't come at a more perfect time! Still no word from Jess about the rent situation and it's becoming even more awkward to bring it up as time goes by. I would like to know one way or another, get it out of my mind. He was even here when I came home from work the other day but she wasn't home. They go out to eat every other day. On Sunday she told me they spent fifty dollars on lunch and then later that night they ordered Dominos. It is absolutely fine for them to spend their money any way they want, but if he can spend money to go out to eat, he can pay rent at the place he lives. I go to school so I only work like twelve or fifteen hours a week and I still pay my part of the rent as well as my other bills. I just don't go out to eat all the time. I have to stop here or I'm going to go off about how neither of them ever cleans the floors or bathroom, takes out the trash, or picks up after themselves. Oops. I couldn't hold it in.

Made the best soup ever tonight. I got the idea from the Olive Garden. They have this potato soup there that I love so I made a creamy potato, spinach and spicy sausage soup. Instead of real sausage I used chicken sausage and while I was weary it wouldn't be as good at first, it didn't make that big of a difference. Though it wasn't as good as the Olive Garden's, it was a very satisfying dinner. I am also happy that I'm getting better at making sauces and soups the right consistency, lots of times I make them too thick or watery and can't figure out how to fix it, but tonight the soup was perfectly creamy!

3 comments:

  1. Hey~ I couldn't resist... To thicken add a little flour or cornstarch (1-2 T mixed with a little cold water). To thin, add more water :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another possibility with a potato soup is to mash up a potato or two--that will thicken the stock--or you can boil off a little stock too.

    Those are the roomies from Hell! Not fun to live with but not bad topics for writing about, eh?

    So, done with the journal, on to week 2.

    ReplyDelete