Friday, January 20, 2012

Journal: Day Four

Today was the perfect, lazy day. Slept in and watched re-runs of 90210 all afternoon before a nice three and a half hour shift at work. Work was slow and I worked with my boss for the second time and was relieved when he seemed to be more relaxed tonight. Last time I saw him he was critical of almost everything I did which is understandable because I had only worked there for a week so it’s definitely nice to know I’ve improved.

Lately, we’ve really been into healthy eating. At first it was super hard to stick with it but now it is actually fun to cook creative, healthy meals. I never realized how yummy eating healthy could be and it’s a fun challenge to learn how to cook in a different way. This afternoon I made a roasted vegetable and brie sandwich on focaccia and it was one of the most satisfying meals I’ve at in a long time. I roasted yellow peppers, red onions, and summer squash in olive oil seasoned with salt, pepper, and a little bit of garlic. Popped the veggies on the bread with garlic hummus, baby spinach, and tomatoes. Topped it with slivers of brie and melted it in the oven while the bread toasted. Amazing!

What else is amazing is how much BETTER I feel now that I’ve changed my eating habits. I didn’t think I felt bad before but I now realize I wasn’t  my best. I love the energy I have now and how my skin glows. It is easy to keep it up when it’s a choice to do it, not because I have to. I didn’t make a resolution I probably won’t keep. There’s no pressure or reason to do it and now that I’ve  experienced  all the benefits of it, there is no way I want to stop. It’s also easier because I don’t see it as a bad thing when I eat cheese or have nachos. I don’t beat myself up over it. I’m not angry or feel like a failure. I think the lack of pressure is the very reason this is successful. It also helps to have someone to do it with, my own personal cheerleader!

3 comments:

  1. That veggie/foccacio recipe sounds pretty good! I do all the cooking, so I just read your description aloud to my wife and with a few minor modifications (no garlic for her, ever ever), it sounds like a winner to both of us.

    We'll toast you next week when I serve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll toast you if we like it, roast you if we don't!

    ReplyDelete