Saturday, January 21, 2012

Journal: Day Five

I'm beginning to think I need to add more excitement to my life. Every day seems the same to me and this journal exercise is making that fact all the more clear to me. Let me see...today, I woke up, went to work, came home from work, and am doing a litte bit of homework. We're going over to a friend's house around ten and that's it.

Unfortunately, I can't think of ways to make my daily routine more interesting. I am stuck in this rut and everything is very blah to me. Starting tomorrow, I am going to do one thing each day that I don't normally do. None of these things will be huge, life- altering experiences but simple things like trying a new food, going to new stores, or talking to random people I don't normally talk to. Maybe I'll try out a new hobby like making jewerly or something. Even wearing my hair in a different way might help. All of this sounds so insignificant to me but since I don't have money hidden away to go on an adventure, these small changes will have to do.

I looked at wedding dresses for like two hours today and was mentally planning my wedding, even though I'm not even engaged. I picked out a dress and thought about the sparkling jewerly I would wear, the venue and reception. I never thought marriage was that important to me. I was the person who feels that as long as your relationship is happy and works for you, that's all that matters. I think this is why I'm in this mood, because I realized that is the direction I want my life to go in and now I'm just sitting around planning a wedding when I don't even have a ring on my finger. Things were easier when I believed love was all that matters...I'm sure it's nothing new ethnic food and hair can't fix.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a guy so the idea of planning a wedding, even if you are engaged, is completely and utterly bizarre to me. You tried on wedding dresses? Just for fun? You might as well tell me that you eat a bucket of KFC underwater while scuba diving with your 100 year old grandmother and your teacup poodle. Sounds equally weird to me!

    But my opinion only counts in English!

    Anyway, don't forget the old Chinese curse; "May you live in interesting times." Maybe 'interesting' is overrated as something to have in your life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha noooo, I looked at them online. I'm not THAT weird!

    ReplyDelete